Sunday, August 9, 2009

Welcome to my Fail-Blog!

Hello! I play a human Rogue named Damere on the Exodar server. This blog is going to be my attempt to chronicle my adventures through the World of Warcraft. I figured since I love to write, I might as well write about something I love doing. And well, lately that's been playing this game.

Just a little background information about myself and my history of playing this game. I have been playing video games since 1980 with the Intellivision and everything since then. Games are my passion. I've always been semi-competitive with them once they started adding scores to games. I try to 'beat' every game in my collection, but then along comes the MMO genre where the game is ever-expanding and truly 'un-beatable'. I first got into MMO's with Ultima Online shortly after its release and played it well into the second expansion 'The Lost Lands'. Soon after that I went back to consoles while still dabbling a bit into PC games with another of Blizzards titles - Diablo.

I was into console gaming hard-core for a while. I did try EverQuest but something about it turned me off. I dunno if it was the first person view, or perhaps my PC at the time and the graphics? No idea. I truly thought for a while that I would never get back into PC gaming and that nothing could match what I loved about Ultima Online. In 2004 I would be proven wrong.

Sure it was hard to not hear about World of Warcraft from the gaming community. We all saw the commercials. I wasn't sure if I wanted to invest the time into another MMO. A couple of my friends at my old job were playing it and telling me how much they were loving it. I kept it at bay for almost a year. Then in October of 2005 I couldn't wait anymore. I went to EB Games with some friends, picked up the game and the rest is history. Been playing ever since.

My very first toon was a Night Elf Warrior. Raided with him in Molten Core and BWL. Even did a couple runs in AQ40. After the release of World of Warcraft's second expansion 'The Burning Crusade', I wanted a change and went over to Horde. There I played another Warrior, this time Undead. I also tried my hand at Healing and rolled an Undead Priest. Here I would stay for almost 2 years. Now mind you.. I've always had alts.. I've played every single class this game has to offer but deep down inside I've had a secret crush on the Rogue class. And now I've left the Horde again for the Alliance and rolled a new main.

Damere - Level 63 Rogue.

A lot has changed since I've raided last. Burning Crusade has come and gone with Wrath of the Lich King adding many new features to the game. I've leveled solo through old-world content and am now blasting my way through Outlands with the help of Patch 3.2's change to the restrictions on mounts. I'm still guild-less and trying to pickup my way through dungeons. Will I succeed in my goal of becoming a raiding Rogue, or will I fail as this blog is titled?

We'll find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment